Sales Manager – Illinois
LINK Media is one of the newest and fastest growing Out of Home media companies in the US. As part of Boston Omaha (NASDAQ: BOMN), Link currently owns billboards in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin. With new CEO, Jim McLaughlin’s OOH success, this starting point is an ideal opportunity for high energy talent to join Link.
Our growing company is seeking to hire a Sales Manager who will be responsible for supervising and organizing our sales team. You will be tasked with overseeing the activities and performance of your sales team by tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitate the ongoing training of your salespeople.
This position is for the whole Illinois market, so you need to live in central Illinois and be okay with in-state travel being a part of your role.
Sales Manager Responsibilities:
• Managing organizational sales by developing a business plan that covers sales, revenue and expense controls.
• Meeting planned sales goals.
• Setting individual sales targets with the sales team.
• Tracking sales goals and reporting results as necessary.
• Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
• Coordinating with marketing on lead generation.
• The ongoing training of your salespeople.
• Developing your sales team through motivation, counseling and product knowledge education.
• Promoting the organization and products.
• Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
• Maintaining and growing your own book of business.
Sales Manager Requirements/Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
• Experience in planning and implementing sales strategies.
• Experience in customer relationship management.
• Experience managing and directing a sales team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Dedication to providing great customer service.
• Ability to lead a sales team.
• Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
• Strong business sense and industry expertise.
• Willing to train on Apparatix (our OOH sales software).
• Excellent computer skills (especially in Apparatix and Excel).
We are a drug free workplace.